Monday, July 03, 2006

More was done!

The corset is now covered and I stitched on lacing rings. I went for a trial fitting and found I put too much of a curve in the front stays, so I will have to take it apart and recut those. I'll probably take it apart from the bottom since that would be where I am shortening the boning at. The farthingale has not been adjusted for height because the corset wasn't ready.

I decided to change the neck line on the Italian dress, but I've got it back together again and I just need to sew a couple more rings on it. I'm going to finish hemming it tonight. Tomorrow I'll finish the chemise. I don't think I'll be working on the sleeves quite yet. I never wear them anyway, but they are nice to have. I'll probably just cut them out. I need to get the size right first. I'll be able to do that before the weekend but it doesn't look like I'll be getting them sewn together.

The return journey on the blackwork will be started today, before I leave work at 4:30, if we are busy enough for me not to be sent home.