Thursday, August 10, 2006

As if I needed another project

I've started yet *another* new project. This one is going to last a long, long time. Instead of working blackwork samples on scraps, I'm doing a sampler of all the patterns I'm stitching over my lifetime. It'll never get framed because I'll always be working on it whenever I do a new pattern. There are two problems with this:
1. I get linen from different places. It depends on if I find something I like which means the linen is inconsistent. The sizes on the sampler might be different than the actual piece. 1 yard of linen lasts a long time, and I like what I get from Joann's the best. It is a 100% shirt linen with a really nice weave. There are few if no imperfections in the cloth and it isn't that poly/linen blend stuff they carry. The bad part is the cost, $10/yard.
2. I don't have some of the patterns I've already done so I can't go back and stitch them on the sampler.
I like the idea of this project, because I don't have anything that is really long term like this so I'll be fun to do. It the sampler ever gets full, I can start another.