Monday, April 02, 2007

Bardic Madness XVII

The results are in, and everyone had a good time!
I had only planned to participate in two challenges and participated in four.
I took Freydis's sestina class and finished the one the class started together. Then I wrote another sestina for the Royal Challenge. I had never written any before, and didn't have any idea what a sestina was before I took her class. I'm told they are not easy to write, but then every time I go to Bardic Madness I get really inspired.
I carpooled with Ingus and Cecilia de Cambridge and saw something I have never seen happen before. It was Saturday night after feast and we were both sitting in the room where the bardic circle was going on. Someone else just finished singing. Cecilia stood up because she wanted to sing, and the room went quiet. Can you imagine a room full of bards not saying anything at all?
She then said that she wanted to sing but would wait if there was anyone else who wanted to go first. Everyone in the room collectively and loudly said: "No! We want you to sing!" Everyone was quiet and listened except during the chorus of the song that she asked us to sing along with.