Sunday, October 26, 2008

Neat Food Trick!

I found a really fast way to scrape the pith off of orange peels last week. I didn't like the idea of using the zester end of a citrus peeler because then I'd get really small pieces of orange peels. Instead, I quartered the peels, took them off the orange and scraped off the pith with the zester side. It took only a few minutes to finish each quarter, and each piece was almost intact so I can cut it into sizes I want instead of ending up with only small bits. I used to use a sharp knife to scrape off the pith, but that put too many holes and slices in the peels. This way works much better.
At Creating the Creative, I taught 3 people one embroidery stitch. Hopefully, I'll teach them more and they had time to practice. We worked on chain stitch only.

Labels: ,