Monday, August 28, 2006

Pirates!

I started the outfit I am wearing to the Minnesota Ren Fest. I'm going Pirate! Arrrrr!
The coat is in blue velvet and it will have 3 white brocade gores, one on each side and one in the back along with white cuffs. I'm recycling my foster sister's Italian dresses she never took with her. The trim is a silver braid, and will have have a gold satin sash. I'll have a white shirt which I'll later use for rapier, because I don't really have just a rapier shirt. And I'll most likely wear my shamrock pants with mismatched socks and brown leather shoes. It's going to be a really fancy outfit, but unfortunately out of period so you'll never see me wear it at an SCA event. I must be crazy to spend so much time on something I'll wear maybe four times. Oh well. I don't know what is worse, me making this or seeing how well the pattern fit and realizing with a couple of minor alterations that the pattern can work for a Persian coat. Other than that, I haven't been up to more than the usual mischief. Blackwork, sewing, more blackwork.