Monday, September 18, 2006

More handsewing.

I'm a little bummed. I looked at Shava's pictures of Coronation, and wished I were there. I've had to cut back traveling to events to once a month, if they are further away than 4 hours. Next weekend I'll be in Calontir, at Luck of the Gypsies. I have no idea if I'll be camping. Probably not since I've got crash space. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures because I'm taking my digital camera. I was going to go in full Tudor, but I didn't get enough done on my corset. I'll probably be wearing my Italian worker woman dress, in the last of the teal linen with purple linen sleeves. They are lined with cotton because I didn't have any more linen. Once I get more, I'll be relining them later and I'll use those cotton pieces as patterns. The sleeves are exactly the same as the flemish sleeves, except a little more generous to account for wider sleeves, and they are split from the elbow to the wrist and will have a couple of lacing rings to close the wrist. I still don't have a rope corset for the Italian dress. It's fine for now, but I probably should have one. I lined the bodice with really heavy non stretchy brocade. It's ugly too. I don't have an underskirt for that because I don't know if one was worn, and I didn't line the skirt because this is more of a summer dress for me. If anyone knows, post a comment about it.
I hurt myself at Danr's last week. I was putting one of the hair pins that was on the floor back in the stock bin. I missed the bin and the sharp end went into my right palm. It didn't stick in my hand, so it wasn't deep. I spoke with the nurses at work and they said I probably pierced a blood vessel because it bled alot. I can still see some bruising on my hand, and it hurts. First my middle two fingers were sore, and now my wrist is. Weird. It makes handsewing a bit of a challenge.