Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Warriors and Warlords

Another Warriors and Warlords has come and gone. There was a general lack of volunteers throughout the event which was unfortunate. I think the two areas most lacking was for marshals and the clean up crews. I had only three volunteers. People started helping in later with loading the firewood due to the storms coming in.
I arrived late Friday night after picking up Nate Otto, one of Danr's other students. He helped me set up the G-tent and unpack which he enjoyed. Due to getting there so late Friday, I didn't do anything. On Saturday, I participated in the Baroness' Whim which was just a blast! At 12:30 I stopped due the heat. From about 2 till 4, I was working on carving the next set of wax tablets at Artisan's Row. A few people asked what I was doing. Herr Janvier was also giving his mead making class at the same time. Lucia and I finally set the price for her blackwork commission. That's about all I did except for hang out and bother TJ. I partied with Warda for a while. I wasn't up exceedingly late due to the amount of work I knew I would be doing the next day.
I did get a Baelfire for my blackwork! Yay! I had to be bribed to go to court by Samia. She finally gave me the Arabic script for my tiraz bands. I hate sitting there when I could be much more productive sitting elsewhere.