Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Projects


Over the weekend, I finally got back to work on my corset. I've sewn it closed and have started hand stitching on the front and back cover fabric which is just plain, white linen. I wanted something embroidered, but didn't have anything on had to use. I just want to get this done.
The lightweight persian coat is nearly done. It doesn't quite close in the front, but probably will in a few months.
I finally made my own carving bench. I bought a piece of about 8-10 inch wide, 3 foot long value wood from Menard's for $0.50, glued and nailed on a piece of 1 x 2 I had left from something else. It goes on top of my rectangular stool, and I sit on it to hold it in place. It should work nicely for carving wax tablets. The sheepskin gets folded back over to make it more comfortable. It needs two 1 x pieces put on the other end at a 90 degree angle to carve at an angle. It's similar to holding a piece of paper at an angle when you write. Sometimes its just easier.