Sunday, April 22, 2007

An Expensive Weekend

I went to the gym for the first time since I hurt my leg and I wasn't sore afterwards other than normal muscle soreness. It's been about four months, and it's about time. I also bought one of The Firm workouts. Giovanna has said good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've also been biking to work at least three times a week.
I spent a whole lot of money this weekend. I got a new mp3 player since I broke the old one. It still plays, but the volume control doesn't work anymore. I bought 6 yards of black silk corduroy. It's very nice and should be at $10 a yard. That was half price at SR Harris. It's the most I have ever spent on a single cut of fabric, and it was worth every penny. I also had to get something to line it with. The dress will be lined in a plain red cotton brocade. I have a dress planned from it, for which I have made one of previously mentioned Italian sleeves. I should have the next one done in a few days, depending on how busy work is next week.
I am teaching 16th century beginning Italian dance next weekend at Dance Seminar in Jara. I have yet to prepare my class, since I actually have to teach it tonight at dance practice. Collectively, the Nordskogen dancers have come up with the other half of Half Hannikin (spelling). It's a dance I don't know, but it's dead easy.
The other thng I did last week Friday was finish my article for The Quill on candied orange peels.