Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dance Seminar

I did what I usually do, taught and danced alot. I met some really great new people and caught up with someone I know and haven't seen for a few years. It was all good.
The event project was to repair my banner. I spliced on a new piece replacing what was torn. It was something in the project bin. Now I just need to repaint the end and the compass rose. I dripped black in one area that was to be white, so I'm going to follow someone's suggestion and just paint over it with white paint. Instead of using the banner pole like I did before, I'm going to extend the spike on one upright of my tent, cut off the end of the banner pole, drill a hole at the end and secure it to the top of the tent. That way it wont' have a banner pole splice to tear on anymore. It also means I need to find a new use for the portable hole. A picture will be posted when there is one.
Then on Sunday Etienne and I went to Shava's 50th birthday party. It was fun! It was the best adult birthday party that I've ever gone to. There were pinatas, hidden kindereggs, and fishing for rubber duckies. I played a game that was new to me which Dahrien brought. It was called "kube," or something like that. The quick and dirty explanation is this: throw sticks at other sticks. The game was fun, mostly because of getting to throw sticks at other sticks. The resulting sunburn isn't so much fun. I failed to plan for a sunny day.