Sunday, May 18, 2008

Second Hand Stores

It's amazing what you can find. I had a donation to make to a second hand store, and decided to go inside after I did that. I went to Arc's Value Village on Penn Avenue South in Minneapolis. They have a craft section which I usually visit. In a small plastic bag marked at the value price of $0.99, I found two unused skeins of Splendor silk in beige, an ideal color for stalks of wheat, which I have in my corset embroidery project. I also picked up a pair of leather tan Land's End Mary Janes in my size that make passable period shoes which were nearly brand new. I can dye them black if I don't like tan. So now I can cross that off my list. I thought of a couple things to add:
18. Make a girdle book
19. Learn how to do smocking, and how it is combined with blackwork
20. Make an outfit for an infant that can be let out as the child grows (I just found out a non-SCA friend is pregnant and she requested an outfit for the baby).

Labels: , ,