Saturday, May 10, 2008

Taginne cooking

I cooked in the taginne last week. I made a game hen, beef sirloin tips and couscouse with currants and mint from the left over juice in the pan. The couscous was delicious. I had a co-worker try it who never had couscous before and convince her that it was really good. I tried natural wood charcoal for the first time. I found that I need a lot more of it because it wasn't staying hot long enough. I started out using standard briquettes and then ran out so I switched halfway through. I liked the natural wood charcoal, but I need to use more. I've had a requst to make orange chicken for a friend, so I may be doing that tomorrow. This time, I'm going to make the couscous first again with currants but with cloves this time and I'm going to stuff the chicken with it before cooking. For the orange flavor, I'm using concentrated orange juice as a brush on marinade. I might throw in some bit of fresh orange in the couscous stuffing also.

Labels: