Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Now with Pictures

I gave up trying to find software to download my digital photos. I picked up a card reader from Radio Shack for about $1o. Add another gadget to my growing family of electronic toys.

Without further ado, here are the first pictures from my digial SLR. I am pleased. I wanted the first ones to be of my table since someone requested those. These are the barn boards Giovanna gave me a couple years ago, and I didn't know what I wanted to do with them so they just sat around until I decided I wanted a new table. Danr took the pics in the shop. It's very dark inside, so I'm happy these turned out nicely. The front took about 2 hours of sanding with an electric sander and at least two hours of hand planing before that. I haven't sanded the back yet. I want to do the final sanding by hand. One end has a couple boards that are longer so I need to do some trimming on that yet. This was over the weekend, and I got the legs cut out before I went home. I was tired from working on a video shoot project since about 8 am that morning.

The next pictures I'm posting will be of the corset embroidery. I have some very nice close ups of the stitches, and it made my realize just how much more I need to practice. After seeing the pictures, I want to take some parts out and do them again, but what I'd be undoing is about an hour or two of work. I'd like people's thoughts once I get the pictures up. You'll see what I'm talking about then.

I'll be at TJ's Thursday night until sometime Sunday. It'll be nice to get away from home for a few days.

Labels: , ,