Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Problem with Gadgets

The good news is the new camera works wonderfully. I took many pictures of the corset embroidery project. In some of the shots, the lens was only a few inches away from some of the designs, and there were no quality issues at all. The only problem now is downloading the pictures to the laptop and posting them here. I haven't been able to find the correct software. I didn't think I would need anything specific, but apparently I do. I'll keep working on that.

One nice thing about the laptop is I can play movies on it, and even better, listen to them on my Bose headphones. I didn't realize how much I was missing like background voices.

The A.S. 50 Update

Here is my latest update:

1. The Corset project. This is coming along. I'm trying to get in one hour a day during each week day and 2 hours each Saturday and Sunday.
2. Make a trestle table. The table top is together, done with much help from Danr. I need to go sand it now. I've decided on a modern epoxy finish because there are many cracks and I will be doing much cooking on it, including chopping.
3. Get better shoes. I decided to buy shoes. Because of my ankle problems, I need shoes with really good support. I will try to get as appropriate looking shoes as possible.
4. Work on the Spanish circle (rapier). I haven't done much with rapier lately. Part of this is just being very busy
5. Help someone new make clothing. I helped my old friend Matt make new clothes before 12th night, and did my first keyhole neckline with an overlay. It turned out very nice for my first.
6. Eat only period appropriate foods all day at one event and prepare them in a period manner. I will not be at Lillies this year, much to my dismay. I'm sad. I will probably do this during Ages of War. The event is in my hometown at the fairgrounds (Yay!), but it is all about war. I would like to do something about what a soldier would eat on campaign.
7. Make a period hairpiece because I don't have enough hair as it is. I haven't done anything on this.
8. Make a hat to go with one set of clothes. Same here, nothing done yet.
New things:
9. Perform a dance before an audience, not just dance during a ball or practice. Preferrably with Master Etienne and I'd like the dance to be Spagnoletto Rigolatto.
10. Make a 6 board box.
11. Finish the 15th century table knife. I'm to the point of sanding it, but the grinding is very cold in winter and standing in front of a belt sander that blows cold air back at you isn't my idea of a good time.
12. Make late period hair curling tongs. I'm just going to make these, not actually use them on my hair.

Labels: ,