Saturday, January 26, 2008

A.S. 50 Challenge

I was reading about this challenge from posts on the list earlier this week. I think it is a really great idea, and I'd have seven years to complete 50 things. They don't have to be huge things either, though I'm sure some will. I started thinking about what 50 things I can do to be more, well, historical. So I started a list. I'll take suggestions for more I can. I'll update and repost the list about once a month.
1. The Corset project. See earlier posts
2. Make a trestle table.
3. Get better shoes. Either trade, barter, make or buy.
4. Work on the Spanish circle (rapier)
5. Help someone new make clothing (I believe that one way to improve ourselves is to help
others).
6. Eat only period appropriate foods all day at one event and prepare them in a period manner, as in not using modern things like a silicone spatula. Lillies would be perfect for this.
7. Make a period hairpiece because I don't have enough hair as it is.
8. Make a hat to go with one set of clothes.

Labels: