Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No wifi yet...sigh

I thought since today was the last day of my 12 day vacation from work that I could go pick up the equipment I need for the wifi. I called the tech line to find out where to pick the stuff up at, and lo and behold, wifi in my area is delayed until the end of October. Wonderful. I have to deal with Netzero in all its glorious crappyness for another month. And classes start again Monday. Yippee.

And this is what I have done on my vacation:
Blackwork, blackwork, blackwork. The largesse is nearly done. The candy is made, and the embroidery is finished. I just have to stitch the bags together. There will be pictures, eventually.
I made a bag for the chair I bought. That's it. I expected to get more done, but I was lazy. I could have gotten alot more done on the silk corset cover. I didn't touch it for the entirety of my vacation, so being that a new corset was the next thing on my list, that is my next project.
I'd like to have a new dress in time for Boar's Head, preferrably from the black corduroy silk. I'll see how that goes. I'll have to start it mid-October if I'm going to hand sew it. That is what I'd like to do. It'd make a wonderful Italian dress, but I only have six yards and that may not be enough for an early Tudor. The sleeves are almost done and made from something else, so I may have enough. If I do a Tudor, I have to get the corset done first though. I may have to do something simpler, like another work dress from some of the fabric I got at Lillies.

Labels: ,