Monday, September 24, 2007

Candy, Round 2

I made more candied orange peels and almonds, this time using a candy thermometer. I actually knew when I was at the hard crack stage. Everything was much stickier. Boiling the honey takes at least an hour and requires stirring, so I made sure it was the only thing I was doing.
The Caponi Demo is next week, so I'll have some there. I'm still working on largesse. I still have some time since I'm on vacation until Wednesday.
TJ is doing fine after the second surgery on his left leg. He was out of the hospital by noon on Thursday, but thought he'd be there until Friday morning. This Saturday there is an event in Indianapolis which he'll be at, wheelchair and all. It'll be nice for him to get out.

I took pictures, but I'm not going to upload any until I have wifi. Hopefully next week!