Friday, November 23, 2007

In Goode Company

It's Black Friday. I didn't want to get up early and go anywhere, especially if it meant shopping. But I did. The only thing that didn't make it sad is that I was in the company of fellow bibliophiles. I went to Half Price Books. I got there at about 6:40. Most people, only about 20 or less, were still waiting in their cars. 4 people were waiting at the doors. I decided to wait at the doors. After that, other people started to get in line. At about 6:50 AM, the lovely employees brought out hot chocolate, coffee and snacks. I didn't get the $200 gift certificate, but they had Caribou Coffee which I was very happy about. I did pick up a couple books and a DVD. I also went to Joann's. I needed more sewing machine needles for the upcoming Christmas stocking class on Dec. 15. I'm about ready for a nap now. I've been up since 6:10 this morning. I have some house work left to finish before going out of town tomorrow. I'm headed to my brother's, and will be there until Tuesday morning.

I finished the green Italian work dress, and have got a start on the silk upper class dress. The back is just about pinned and I can start sewing it any time now. The next one after the silk dress will be rust colored. I'm not sure if that one is going to be Flemish or what yet. I also have the silk on silk embroidery to work on. I finally bought a thread organizer for the silk floss. It's very nice not to have to use the carboard cards the skeins come on anymore, and I can easily see all the colors. They will also stay cleaner not being in just a ziploc bag anymore.

There won't be any pictures on the site for a while. The digital camera broke. Sorry folks.

Labels: ,