Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Very Bad Week

I think this week is one of the worst I've had in a long, long time.

My truck broke down. It will cost about $1300 to fix. I've managed to scrape enough together to pay for it. My parents have graciously decided to give me some money in lieu of Christmas presents to help cover it, but I had to empty out my savings account.

I had to bike to work one day, and my left leg gave out and I fell. I have some bruises, and my back hurts because that is what I landed on. It's feeling better now. Its really fun to have to kick your bike of yourself. That's a new experience for me.

TJ is very discouraged about not being at home yet. He has another doctor's appointment in a couple weeks, and is hoping to get the cast off and being cleared to drive. I hope so, too. Being at his parent's house is really difficult. I know I wouldn't be able to stand 24/7 with my parents for two months.

On the A&S front, I got new lacing rings from a drapery supply place I found online. They're for making Roman Blinds. I didn't have time to find any around here. It was $6.99 for 100 plus shipping. Then they didn't send me 100, there were only 82. It's enough for now. The rings are 3/8" inside diameter, which is larger than what I want, but they'll work. Pictures to be posted soon!

Labels: , ,