Monday, October 08, 2007

Largesse Competition

Lucia lost then found the blackwork I did for her. I'm happy not to have to do that again. I may have more to do for her yet, depending on the outcome from Crown this weekend.

I've started a new work dress in mint green. I'm lining each piece individually, then putting everything together. I'll see how that works. This dress is to see if the pattern fits for the new silk dress I want for Boar's head. I need to work on the other sleeve for that, but it shouldn't take too long. I may need to take the unfinished sleeve apart because I don't think I ever made a pattern for it. It'd be nice to have that if I ever want to make that particular type of sleeve again.
I won, meaning I get a lovely pair of handmade socks from Maestra Giovanna. I did more sweet bags. This time, the pattern on the bags was the compass rose. I brought the honey up to the hard crack stage this time. It was much harder to work with than when it was at the soft crack stage. I'm not sure what I'll do next time. I need to think of something different. This is the second time I've done sweet bags. The pictures are of the raw ingredients, the finished product, the embroidered bags and boiling honey.

















Labels: , ,