Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Cleaning?

Can you really call it that if it seems more like winter? I usually call it The Great Purge. I went through all of my sewing stuff. I had so much stuff that I had to keep it in one of those three drawer plastic bins, the ones on wheels. The plan was to get rid of enough stuff so I don't need it any more. It worked. Everything now fits in my sewing desk. I have a 1920's era art deco desk that is about three fit wide, but it has 5 drawers and a cabinet for tall things. It is the perfect size for a sewing machine, and has a matching bench seat. My large desk is gone and has been replaced with a work station that fits all of the computer stuff, including the scanner. I just need to clean out that room and get it in order. Next, I'm going through fabric scraps. Anything that isn't from a current outfit or is anything I've had for more than a year is getting tossed. I try to recycle or give away anything that is useful, but I don't have the patience for trying to give away fabric scraps.

I have a lot to do before SUNrise. This list includes:
1. Rebuild the flemish underdress
2. Work on the new embroidery class
3. Put together a few more embroidery kits
4. Pack up all the stuff I need

I have three classes:
1. How Not to do Large Embroidery Projects
2. Late Period Women's Work Clothes
3. Individual Blackwork Instruction

I'm not taking over Etienne's dance class which I'm glad of. I'm doing so much teaching already that it'd be hard to fit in a dance class too. I'm taking alot already, then I'd have to add my stereo (Bose Wave Radio), hand outs, mp3 player and memorize the dances by Friday night. I don't like teaching dances from a piece of paper, and I'd like to avoid that in the future. Right now, I'm so far out of practice with dancing that I should just read my dance manual from cover to cover to remember what I know.

My table is coming along. I'll be ready to start sanding the trestles this Thursday if I have time to go to Danr's.

Labels: ,