Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Destruction!

I did something today I've been meaning to do for a long time, and now I only have a week and half or so to do it in. I took apart my Flemish underdress. It was the first dress I handstitched, and I didn'tdo the best of jobs on it, at least in my opinion. I'm relining it making a pattern from it. This is what it looks like now

I'm have yet to cut apart the large piece in the first picture.
I did this ofr a couple reasons. It needed to be relined, so each piece is going to be lined individually instead of the entire upper piece being done as one. I have done on two other dresses so far and really like how those two turned out. Maestra Giovanna suggested that to me. One thing I need to do before lining it is cover up where I put the lacing holes. I made this long before I started using lacing rings. I'm hoping to start putting this back together tomorrow. If you look on the folded up piece, you can still see all the pleats in the skirt. This will make it a little smaller, but it has gotten a little to big for me. It will also be shorter, but it was a little long too.
Because I've been meaning to do this for a long time, I'm adding it to the list.
I left off the list at number 12, so I'm picking up on number 13.
13. Reline Flemish dress and make a pattern from it.
14. Teach 50 embroidery classes on any type of embroidery, by individual or group.
15. Finish the Tudor undergarments, not including the corset embroidery project, by Lillies.
I'm still taking suggestions on this list, if anyone has any. I have 35 more things to add yet.


Labels: ,