Thursday, September 28, 2006

Forge Night!

Tonight is open forge night! All the hot metal, fire and hammers I can handle. I might be starting a 6 board box or continuing to work on the hair pins.
I bought red/rust colored linen, enough for 2 petticoats. I have no idea when I'll get around to making them. I want to finish my Tudor underpinnings first. I've shortended half of the stays in the front of my corset, and have the other half left to go. Then I have to resew the ends of the channels and slip stitch the bottom of the cover. Then the farthingale needs a waist band.
I'm behind on the blackwork. Less than 10 inches is done. I have one sleeve left on the Italian work dress, and a rope corset.
I've been too busy with things for work to get a whole lot of A&S stuff done, or do much of anything else, even housework. I hope to get caught up on a whole bunch of stuff this weekend.
College starts on Oct. 2. I am starting a paralegal associate degree. My classes are online and very flexible, but I will need to do other things like studying and homework.