Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Knowne World Costuming Symposium

I'm gonna make this short because its nearly midnight, I just finished my homework for tonight and I'm really tired. I need to get up at 6 am to do more homework.
KWCS was great! I had fun. People took pictures of my socks during The Walk Through History (which is always fun to be in). Yep. My socks. Couldn't be my handstitched dressed, had to be the bright pink and purple mottled socks I bought from The BasketMan this summer. If you're wondering, I don't knit. I can do all this great, neat wonderful other stuff, but I don't knit. I have enough other things to fall behind on, like blackwork.
Speaking of which, I taught two classes on it and had a good turnout in each. I had more people on Sunday than on Saturday in part because there were some cancellations on Sunday. On Saturday I sold out of the embroidery kits I had available. There were drastic changes made from Saturday to Sunday, and the class went much better. I hope the people had more fun in it on Sunday than Saturday because of those changes.
Some of my recently completed projects are:
A new Tudor corset
Italian work dress, with sleeves
11 hair pins, 8 to be donated to the gift baskets
a number of beeswax cakes for embroidery
helped a person draft a doublet and pants pattern for a rapier outfit
put the cuffs on my new rapier gloves

That's about all.