Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Party is Over...

It actually ended about a month ago, which really sucks for me. No more embroidery while working. Consequently, I am really far behind with my blackwork. Not only is there no more embroidery while working, but I can't even have it on my desk. Period. All the stuff (toys) I have ast my desk are mostly harmless. There is a glow in the dark skeleton pez dispenser, a griffin, 3 small rubber duckies, a deck of cards given to various people by one of clients, a paper airplane, and various other things inlcuding a miniature keg about 2 inches tall. All of this stuff is apparently fine because I'm not likely to play with these while I'm working. I'll have to change that but it might make me look a little nuts. But then again, I work in the health insurance industry, and I'm in the SCA.
I might get a very small x-rated toy for my desk and putting it somewhere that is hard to spot and seeing if anyone notices. What I really don't get is the 21 year old who can plaster her desk with magazine cut out pictures of rap stars and "Sexy" written in marker with arrows pointing to said rap star. So that is okay, but not my embroidery.
What is with that?
Maybe I should write "Sexy" on a piece of paper and have it pointed at my embroidery. Maybe then it would be okay.
What I really think this is the inability of most people that I work with to multi-task. I have been asked over and over again by multiple people how I can embroider and work at the same time. Embroidery requires about zero thought for me. Most of my co-workers have trouble just doing their jobs, judging by how often I have to tell them the same things or train them in things they should already know. I have to go through claims training. A 2 1/2 hour training session in how to read claims in our processing system. Yippee. I am on a help line at work. Other reps call the help line for HELP. I help other reps with what they can't figure out, and I have already made a few suggestions about what to train the reps on based on the same questions I answer over and over and over again. So why do I have to take claims training if I help other people most of the time? Stupidity. And a waste of my time. At least I don't have to answer the phone during that 2 1/2 hours.

Labels: ,