Friday, July 04, 2008

AS 50 List Update

1. The Corset project. See earlier posts. Working on it.

2. Make a trestle table. It's functional. Not pretty but functional and I will have it at WW.

3. Get better shoes. Either trade, barter, make or buy. I've been measured for shoes. Now I just have to order them.

4. Work on the Spanish circle (rapier). Haven't been fencing lately because of a hand injury.

5. Help someone new make clothing (I believe that one way to improve ourselves is to help others). Done.

6. Eat only period appropriate foods all day at one event and prepare them in a period manner, as in not using modern things like a silicone spatula. Lillies would be perfect for this. I'll have to do this next year. I didn't go this year.

7. Make a period hairpiece because I don't have enough hair as it is. Not started.

8. Make a hat to go with one set of clothes. Not started.

9. Perform a dance before an audience, not just dance during a ball or practice. Preferrably with Master Etienne and I'd like the dance to be Spagnoletto Rigolatto. Not done yet.

10. Make a 6 board box. My brother is actually making two for me, and he is really an excellent wood worker.

11. Finish the 15th century table knife. I'm to the point of sanding it, but the grinding is very cold in winter and standing in front of a belt sander that blows cold air back at you isn't my idea of a good time. I'm thinking about starting a new one.

12. Make late period hair curling tongs. I'm just going to make these, not actually use them on my hair. Not started.

13. Reline Flemish dress and make a pattern from it. Working on it.

14. Teach 50 embroidery classes on any type of embroidery, by individual or group. I've taught seven.

15. Finish the Tudor undergarments, not including the corset embroidery project, by Lillies. Didn't happen.

16. Make a girdle book. Not started.

17. Learn how to do smocking, and how it is combined with blackwork. Make an outfit for an infant that can be let out as the child grows (I just found out a non-SCA friend is pregnant and she requested an outfit for the baby). Not started.

18. Make a set of Roman style clothing. I bought the most wonderful mustard-y yellow cotton gauze today which is a good color for me. I'll probably pair it with a bright green gauze. I didn't buy any white because it came in two pieces and there wasn't enough. I have to get more fabric to do this.

19. Make a beaded collar for the black silk Italian dress. I don't have the beads yet. TJ wasn't happy with them so he sent them back.

20. Make a new chemise to go with the black silk Italian dress. Working on it. I started that a while ago.

21. Find a use for all the fabric I own and don't buy any more unless absolutely necessary. This will actually take seven years.

There is more on here that is not done or even started than is done. Fun. And I have 29 more things to add.
All the largesse is done to pay the mercs at Pennsic. Finally. Now I can do something else.
I still need to make 2 pairs of pants and a cooler cover out of sunforger.



Labels: ,